Match Report: Portishead Town 1-1 Swindon Town

Rhi Lewis’ 85th-minute leveller got us a point at Portishead, the least we deserved after a dominant display at Bristol Road.

We controlled the game from start to finish but found ourselves 1-0 down in the 22nd minute when a mix-up in defence allowed Portishead’s Shannon Holloway to tap into an empty net.

Rosie Hill also hit the post just before half-time for the hosts, but those were their only chances of note.

Diaz-Butcher was a nuisance for the opposition down the right-hand side all through the first half, and she came close again when she broke the offside trap perfectly before seeing her cross well caught by the keeper.

The best opportunity of the opening 45 came right at the end when a move that started with goalkeeper Emily McGrogan brilliantly picking out Lewis before Lewis then in turn found Diaz-Butcher with a pinpoint through ball.

Diaz-Butcher beared down on goal but was tackled just as she looked set to shoot at goal and the corner that followed was headed over the bar by Steph Bent.

We started the second half as we ended the first: on the front foot. A free-kick was won inside the ‘D’ which skipper Lewis curled narrowly over.

Portishead keeper Chloe Fensome made two impressive saves in quick succession before Bent struck just wide from inside the box after being picked out by Jess Graham.

Bent then forced a save out of Fensome with a drive from the outside of the box and Portishead managed to clear before a red body seized onto the rebound.

Lewis was starting to find the range that would see her score the leveller for the Robins with a daisy-cutter that was straight at Fensome.

Gipsy Viveash was the next to try her luck from distance, but her effort sailed wide of the far post as we continued to pile on the pressure.

Striker Annabelle Colston suffered the same fate, pinging a shot past the far post after turning inside her marker in the area in the area and soon after Lewis curled over the bar again.

Viveash was then kept out by the fingertips of Fensome after the left-back went on a jinking run on the left of the box and then having a shot from a tight angle that was well saved.

We really were cursing our luck when Bent was one-on-one with Fensome and somehow kept out by another top stop.

Viveash went even closer when her drive was shut out by the outstretched toe of Fensome but that didn’t matter when Lewis finally got the goal our play deserved when her strike fizzed into the back of the net.

We almost won it late on through Viveash but she shot just wide of the near post with three minutes left.

By Benjamin Wills